Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Entertaining Essentials


I have a little entertaining drawer. My goal is to fill it with anything and everything I can possibly need to entertain. When I was in law school we had a dinner club with some friends and I remember being so stressed out every time we had to host because I didn't have everything I needed. Over the past year and I half I have loaded up on pretty good arsenal of entertaining supplies. Although I could still use a few more things.

We entertain pretty regularly. We have friends or family over for dinner at least once or twice a month and I love it. But the reason I love to entertain is because I stick to basics. White plates. White and silver serving pieces. Fresh Flowers. It makes entertaining very easy. Here is what I use every time I entertain....

My entertaining drawer filled with serving utensils, pillar candles for candlesticks, filled votives (perfect for a tablescape), white napkins, cocktail napkins, barware, etc.

I have a good supply of red and white wine glasses.

White platters make food look so much better. I also love the small silver bowl from Pottery Barn and this big silver bowl was a wedding gift and perfect for bread. I love the footed pitcher.

Fresh Flowers in a pitcher or glass vase.

I still need to stock up on more items. I really want a few of these caterer's boxes from Pottery Barn filled with white plates and extra flatware.

What are your entertaining tips?