Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bedroom Redo: Phase 1

Chris and I (well mainly I) have been wanting to vamp up our bedroom. We didn't spent any time redoing this room since the rest of the house needed so much work. That being said I have decided that move or no move it was time to do some much needed editing and adding to the bedroom.Here's the before and forgive the photos. I am experimenting with the panoramic function on my new camera.


That's Jack and Griffin on our bed.

We have a great bed and nice bedding. The curtains are a little too floral for me. I hate the chair and the armoire that are in there so those are going the way of Craigslist soon.

Here's phase 1....

We moved the bed in front of the windows. Replaced the curtains with silk drapes from Pottery Barn in Ivory. I got a new lamp from HomeGoods ($40!). I think the curtains lighted up the space a lot and I love my new lamp.

I was hoping to get more done but unfortunately allergy attacks interrupted my productivity.

Here's the plan for Phase 2 and beyond....

Get rid of Armoire and Chair (via Craigslist)
New Throw Pillows and Bedskirt
Get rid of Chris' nightstand
Add a small dresser to my side of the bed
Add prints to the bare wall
Add full length mirror somewhere in the room
Recover and add black side chair into the room (it's current yellow and in my guest bedroom)