Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Questions Answered


I got a few other questions, I wanted to answer...

Rhiannon at Hey Gorgeous asked fun questions and here are the answers...

Favorite Food
Sushi

What Can't I Live Without
On a shallow level, my hair straightener, blow dryer allergy meds and iphone.

Favorite Blogs
This is a tough one because there are so many I love and read daily. If I had to pick one then I would pick Brooklyn Limestone. When I first found Stefanie's blog, I read it from start to finish. Second runner up would be Making It Lovely. I admire how Nicole has such a defined sense of style that she uses through every room of her house and even her business and wardrobe. Also she has the cutest bookplates ever!

Three Words to Describe Myself
This is hard but I would say Casual, Happy and Organized


Kristin asked me a few questions about blogging...


What Advice Do You Give For Starting a Successful Blog?

I really don't feel like I have all of this figured out but here goes. I think as far as content goes, you have to let your personality shine through your blog. I am drawn to blogs where I feel like I know the person more and more with every post. Also, this goes hand in hand with writing about what you are interested in and not trying to write about what you think will increase your followers.

As far as the practical aspect, I would say guest blog as much as you can. I guest blogged at Brooklyn Limestone very early on and that really brought me a lot of readers. Second, comment comment comment. I know that most bloggers are just like me and if we see a face on our comments page repeatedly we will start reading and following that blog. It's the best way to get your name out there.

Finally, let your blog evolve. I started out thinking my blog would be about nothing but shopping. Quickly, I began to feature our renovation and now my blog is about everything under the sun basically.

What Was Your Inspiration for your Blog?

I started off intending to have a blog about shopping. I was always told that I had a knack for finding the cutest things to buy for others and a friend suggested that I should start a blog about that. As a began to read more and more blogs, I got the idea to start writing about renovating our house. It has evolved from there. I am really inspired by interior design, travel and cooking. I find inspiration everywhere from magazines to my travels.

How Long Did It Take You To Get Off the Ground?

I think it would depend on your definition of "the ground" but I would stay about 3 months. When I started off, my only readers were my mom and a few friends. After a few months of commenting on other blogs, I guest blogged at Brooklyn Limestone and my readership jumped up. I just grew from there. You really just have to stick with it. Keep plugging along and post every day or at least 4-5 times a week. If you don't post, people will forget about you. Remember to blog for you. Blogging is fun for me and it should be for every blogger.