Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dining Room Reform


After yesterday's post, I have been so excited to plan what I will do to my dining room should our house not sell in the next 60 days. This will be a quick redo because I won't have to buy much since I will probably do some swapping with other rooms in our house. Here's what I'm thinking...

My dining room before. Simple, clean but blah...

I am going to move my brown silk curtains from my living room to my dining room.

I am going to move my dining room rug that I love into my living room. Then I want to add a new rug. I really want something with a pattern but I might opt for something simple and gray. Hopefully I can find something fabulous but these give you the general idea.


I want to take down the chandelier that I don't like at all. I want to add a ceiling medallion (preferably an oblong one) and hang a single pendant light with a white drum shade...
My china cabinet is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in my house. I think I want to switch out the knobs and wallpaper the back...
Have Chris building and install open shelving like these...