Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Work In Progress: The Hallway

For another short update, we have been working on our hallway. Our hallway is a bit of an issue. The baseboards are hideous. The floors are original and in bad shape. I could go on and on. Anyway, a few months ago Chris and I converted this small ridiculous closet (you couldn't even hang a hanger) into a bookshelf. It never really looked the way we wanted it to and I thought a good way to soften the edges would be to hang a curtain around the bookshelf. I saw it in Domino and It has softened the bookshelf.



I also added the storage buckets. One is full of dog toys and the other full of glossy design mags. We also have been working on painting the interior doors black as you can see in the first photo. That is definitely a work in progress because each door takes at least two if not three coats but I am almost done.

I will back with a full update in a few weeks hopefully. We are working on a gallery wall and I am on the hunt for a fabulous mirror to hang in the hallway.

This is the before shot of the hallway...