Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Side Note About My 4th



A friend mentioned I had not said anything about me in a while so here's a brief summary of what I have been doing.


I have become a voracious reader. Speaking of "Committed" is calling my name.


I am running again. This is my last week on the Couch to 5k program. Yay! Not sure my a$$ is any smaller but I could outrun an attacker. A slow attacker at least.


I paint a lot also. Pictures to come hopefully next week.






Over the 4th, Chris and I escaped to one of our favorite spots, Asheville, NC. We went to the Grove Park Inn. The Obamas recently stayed there. Asheville is a great bohemian city and the Grove Park is full of history. We spent the day in the spa. I got a green tea facial and exposed myself to some people. Not intentionally but all I will say is it involved a loose bathing suit, a plunge pool and two ladies taking a tour.




After our amazing day at the spa, we went to one of my favorite places, Tupelo Honey Cafe for Grit Cakes with Sunshot Salsa and Pimento Cheeseburgers. There is nothing like a pound of cheese to top off a day at the spa!




Hope you are all doing well.