Monday, July 12, 2010

We're Getting There: My Dining Room



Ever since we took our house off the market, I have been working on my dining room. If you haven't been following my blog for very long I will give you the history.


When we moved in our dining room was school bus yellow. I then painted it brown (see bottom of post) and then I tried to paint it dove gray, which turned out to be baby blue. Now I have painted it for the third time to Sharkey Gray by MS Paints and I love it. The color is a taupe/gray depending on the light of the room. Here it is...






We added a new light fixture from Pottery Barn. It's pretty although it's a little "Disco Ball-esque" at night.




We originally intended to put up 3-4 floating shelves on the wall but after putting up one we ended up with this. It will be a great bar area when we entertain.




I'm not entirely finished because the dining room chairs are going to be replaced. I am thinking of the Queen Anne Chair from PB and adding some decorative fabric to the seat. I might add a bar cart as well.


It's not finished but we are getting there.


Here's the before shot...