Saturday, May 22, 2010

A White Artichoke and The Would Be Art Thief



A quick recap of my weekend so far.


My sister and I spent yesterday in Charlotte, NC and went to a book signing for one of my favorite authors, Jen Lancaster.


We started the day with lunch at 300 East, which is one of my favorite places. Then we went to my favorite store, Paper Skyscraper and I picked up these cute items (and the hilarious card above).




Next we headed to Southpark where I made a much anticipated purchase at Anthropologie.
I bought a white artichoke tea light holder. How cute is this? Seriously, I have wanted a white artichoke for a while but everyone that I say that to thinks I am crazy.


Anyway, I then made my inaugural trip to Ikea. It is as awesome as you all say it is!




Finally, we headed to the book signing and here's a pic. Sorry for the quality, the guy taking our picture didn't as much of a picture as he did a 2 second video. I'm on the left with my boobs hanging out. Regardless, we went and it was super fun. Jen is hilarious and I highly recommend her books ( her new one is seriously cheap at amazon so I put a link below). You will laugh out loud.






Today, I got a traffic collision report after some emo kid backed into me at the bookstore. I wanted to strangle him all standing there is his skinny jeans, big plaid shirt and short tie ensemble. Kids! Long story short, I am fine and it just scratched my car. I still wanted to punch all 65 pounds of him.


Hope you all have a lovely and collision free weekend!