Friday, May 21, 2010

Faves & A Reading List



Thanks to everyone for humoring me with my Entertainment Week series. I totally need to live in a Nancy Meyers' movie as you must have noticed.
Anyway, many of you were up to adorable things on your blog this week. Here are just a few of my favorites from this week.




Kelly at Fabulous K featured a vignette of her adorable living room and her new lamp. So cute.








On other topics, I have a reading list update and my very lofty goals for my summer reading list (but let's face it, I never read all of my books on my reading list anyway).


As for the update, this was my Spring reading list...


Eat Pray Love. Really really liked it. I though India tended to drag a bit but overall I really enjoyed the book.


Water for Elephants. Liked it, didn't love it. I really have a hard time with someone being cruel to animals so I didn't enjoy those moments. Definitely worth reading.


Lunch in Paris. Brutal honesty, I didn't like it but lots of other people do. I might not have been in right mood.


Eating Animals is on my summer reading list now.




And here's my summer reading list...


I have some new goals for my reading list. I want to include some serious nonfiction (politics, history, etc.). I don't know why. I guess it makes me feel smart. I also want to start including some classics that I have never read. Now this new goal comes with a confession. I have never read a Jane Austen book (Gasp!).


I am currently reading Somewhere Inside, which is Laura Ling's recount of being imprisoned in North Korea. After that I have the following on tap:


Jane Eyre (on my "Before 30 List"
Emma (my first Jane Austen)
Eating Animals
Committed
Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosley
The Summer We Read Gatsby (courtesy of the awesome reading guide in the new issue of Real Simple)
The Believers by Zoe Heller (she wrote Notes on a Scandal)
In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner (I love this movie and I have never read Jennifer Weiner before)
Omnivore's Life
Imperial Life in the Emerald City (b/c I want to feel smart :)
Girls in Trucks (written by a fellow South Carolinian)


Whew. So clearly I have to go read to get all of this read by the Autumn Solstice.


Happy Weekend!