Sunday, May 30, 2010

Casa de Holland

As I have posted earlier, I am in the middle of a dining room redo. I really want this light fixture from Restoration Hardware (although I don't want to pay $500 for it) and I can't find a suitable alternative. At ikea last week I got the idea to hang a paper lantern over my dining room table until I can find a suitable alternative. We hung the lantern yesterday and for $14 dollars I am fairly pleased but I want your opinion.

Lantern or No Lantern?
Love it or hate it?
Would it be better in my office?

Also please excuse the Home Depot bag on the table. Remember that the roman shades are coming down (they were recalled) and will be replaced by brown silk panels like those on the other window.

In other news, since the dining room will hopefully be done in the next few weeks, I am testing out paint colors. This is Martha Stewart Sharkey Gray.


Speaking of colors, this week is all about color. I am picking some of your favorite colors and forming lists of my favorite things.


Have a great holiday!