Monday, May 3, 2010

Dining Room Redo: Phase 1


This weekend Chris and I decided to take our house off of the market. Since we have been chomping at the bit to start working on the house I almost simultaneously started painting my dining room. This room has the simplest to do list so it was my first target.

Here's the before. I always felt the room was too.... brown. It was really boring and I hated how every single thing was brown.



Here's the after (well phase 1 of the "after")
I painted the walls a light gray called Dolphin by Martha Stewart. I hung chocolate silk drapes (because I am obsessed with chocolate silk drapes). We did a bit of rearranging too.

Since this is phase 1, the plan for phase 2 is as follows:

1. Create open shelving on one wall for display
2. Replace that horrible chandelier
3. Replace the Rug
4. Possible dining chair replacement
5. Possible Roman Shade replacement

I am so much happier with the color. The room seriously grew by 3 feet when we changed the wall color. It feels so much bigger.

As for the light fixture, anyone have any ideas where I can get a light fixture like this one? I really want this one but I don't want to pay $500 from Restoration Hardware.