Monday, May 10, 2010

A Surprise Party



Friday night my sister and threw a very small surprise party for my mom who is turning... well it's her birthday we will just say that. We did everything ourselves and unfortunately I did not take good pictures of the party. I was so busy and then once everyone got there I completely forgot. Anyway, here are a few of the party.




We used this cute garland from Martha Stewart. Excuse the picture it was taken by a 7 year old. She was more on top of the picture situation than I was.




We also used these pom poms from Martha Stewart. We hung them in front of the windows outside and placed a few around the house.




This is the menu.




Here are a few recipes. Now of course I didn't take any pics of the food either but I searched online for some similar photos.


Cucumber Sandwiches
1 Loaf of White Bread
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 1/2 Tbl Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning (don't judge me)
1 Cucumber, Sliced Thin


Using a round cookie cutter, cut the bread into circles that are a similar diameter to your cucumber. Set aside. In a small food processor, combine the cream cheese and Mrs. Dash until well blended. You can add more dependent on taste. Spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of the bread and top with a cucumber. Voila!




Mar-a-lago Key Lime Pie
Oprah featured this recipe a few months ago and I have been dying to make it every since.