Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book Worm Update



I am working on my late summer reading list and here is what I have read so far...




A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth. Cute fun book but wouldn't recommend to those that don't love the Broadway star.




Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. Very short, quick read. I really enjoyed it.




Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Nataro. I really enjoyed this more than her non-fiction. It reminds me of that show, Dead Like Me. Very funny.




5 AM Fifth Avenue by Sam Wasson. This is a chronicle of the making of Breakfast at Tiffany's. It is also a statement as to how the character of Holly Golightly changed the perception of American women in film and eventually women in general. Also includes a lot of insight into Hollywood at this time as well as Audrey's impact on fashion and film. Highly recommend it! Read it. Seriously.


Right now, I am reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Re-reading it actually in preparation for the movie.


I am also looking for recommendations for my fall reading list. I have only one book on my reading list for the fall. Any suggestions?