Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our New Place


Well at least our imaginary new place. I got a few questions about our move (hopefully) and for those of you that haven't been listening to be complain for 6 months, here's the deal...

My husband and I bought our house while I was studying to take the bar exam. We wanted to move back to our home town but this was before I had a job as an actual lawyer. Shortly after we moved in I got offered my job, which is an hour away near Charlotte, NC. My husband finished school a few months later and then he got a job in Charlotte as well. We put our house on the market and it was during the time that the market had completely tanked. We decided to take it off and do some work to the house (check out label, My Renovation). I have been driving an hour to work for 2 years now, my husband has for 18 months. We have again made the decision to sell the house and move to Charlotte.

We are planning on renting in Charlotte and despite the waste of money it is Chris and I really want a maintenance free life for a few months. So hopefully if our house sells (fingers crossed, praying and sending good vibes), we will be moving into a townhouse we have been eyeing.

We are planning on editing down our furniture and I of course am looking forward to decorating our new space. I shared my living room plan previously, here are my plans for the dining room and bedroom...

Clock from Restoration Hardware. I know how much I complain about their prices but I need this!
The Pottery Barn Seagrass Chairs accompany my grandfather's farmhouse table.
Light Fixture from Restoration Hardware


Acrylic Ballroom Chair from Ruby Beets
Mini Desk and Chair from West Elm
Brown Lamp from Restoration Hardware
Gray Bedding from William Sonoma Home