Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Globes


These are my picks (the people I want to win not necessarily who I think will win) for the Golden Globes. I stuck to the movie categories because honestly I don't watch enough TV to pick anything other than 30Rock or Mad Men. So here goes...

BEST PICTURE, DRAMA
I picked Up In The Air. Quite honestly out of the nominees, I only saw this and Inglorious Basterds.

BEST ACTOR, DRAMA
I picked George Clooney. He's excellent in Up In The Air.

BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA
I picked Sandra Bullock. The Blind Side is the only movie out of these that I saw (I live in SC, we don't get anything other than wide release films). She was excellent nonetheless. I also like Emily Blunt and I really want to see Young Victoria.

BEST PICTURE, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
This was hard for me because of 5 reasons...

1. 500 Days Of Summer was incredible. I loved it!
2. The Hangover was the funniest movie I have ever seen.
3. It's Complicated was really good too and the house was to die for!
4. Julie and Julia is my new favorite movie.
5. Nine is now in my top 10 favorite movies.

Nevertheless I picked Julie and Julia. I loved it!

BEST ACTOR, MUSICAL OR COMEDY
I picked Matt Damon although Daniel Day Lewis is very deserving as well.


BEST ACTRESS, MUSICAL OR COMEDY
I picked Marion Cotillard. She is incredible in Nine. I would also be entirely happy with Meryl Streep winning for Julie and Julia.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
I picked Anna Kendrick in Up In The Air. She was excellent as was Vera Farmiga.


Happy Awards Night and I can't wait to talk about the dresses!