Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jess and Martha: Recipe #4 & #5: Chicken Piccata & Rosemary Potato Puree


For those of you who haven't been following my blog very long, I am working on cooking my way through the Martha Stewart Cooking School. This weekend I tackled recipes #4 and #5.

Chicken Piccata and Rosemary Potato Puree.

Both were good and straight forward although there was one slight incident involving one burnt chicken cutlet (luckily there was only two of us). As a bonus this project allows me trips to Williams Sonoma to stock up on the hardware I don't have. I got a new meat tenderizer. Yay!

Do random pieces of kitchen hardware make you excited? I can't wait for a potato ricer. Okay, I am such a dork.

Anyway, Martha has a Chicken Piccata recipe online and it's pretty close to the one in the book, although not exactly. As for the Garlic Rosemary Puree, the recipe is here.