Monday, January 11, 2010

June Weddings


My college roommate is getting married in June. She asked me to come up with some ideas for her.

This is what I would do...

1. Use colorful and wild flowers throughout the wedding. The summer months bring so many gorgeous flowers take advantage of them and let them look wild and not too manicured.

2. Use neutral dresses. Let the color come from the flowers.

3. Keep it simple. Light and airy decorations.

4. Use fruit in your decorations.

5. Infuse natural elements into the decor.

IDEAS

Nothing screams summer like paper lanterns.

Decorate with branches.

Use florals that include wild flowers.

I would opt for a small, simple and intimate reception. Keep the decorations light and simple.

I love these pomanders hanging off chairs. You could use these to line the chairs on the aisle.

Have flower girls drop paper flowers cut out of decorative paper.

Small gorgeous centerpieces incorporating wild looking flowers

Next, we must pick a color. These are my favorite color schemes.

Purple & Lavender

I love this idea. You can use actual lavender throughout the wedding. Centerpieces can include tiny pots of lavender. All flowers can include clusters of lavenders. I would not use purple dresses though. Use a neutral like this one from J.Crew.

I love how natural and gorgeous this wedding would be.


BLUE

What screams wedding more than blue



YELLOW
(my personal favorite)

Rule #1. If you are going to use yellow. Use it like you mean it. No mousey nursery yellows, use mustard yellow or lemon yellow.

I love the bold yellows used in these ideas.

I love the blend of natural elements in these ideas

I love this cluster of ideas. All featured around lemons.

I love these ideas.
Centerpieces made of a cluster of potted plants
Centerpieces using lemons
Lemon Wedding Cake ( I love this!!!)
Billy Buttons and wildflowers in bouquets.