Friday, November 6, 2009

Over The Top!


I love blog awards! They are so much fun. Meggy at Chasing Davies bestowed this one upon me and in order to accept it, I have to answer these questions so here goes...

1. Where is your cell phone: My blackberry for work is off and in my purse. My Iphone is on my desk since I just got off of the phone.

2. Your hair:
Dark Brown/Black. I like to say that I have burned it into submission. I actually like my hair. It's the one part of my body I really wouldn't trade in.

3. Your mother:
Awesome. She's one of my best friends.

4. Your father:
Vice President of a local company. He's brilliant and hilarious at times but a workaholic and lives to play golf.

5. Your favorite food:
Sushi!!! Followed by chocolate chip cookies, nutella and green tea lattes from Starbucks.

6. Your dream from last night: I actually could not sleep at all last night but I woke myself up talking in my sleep and it appeared I was having a conversation with my husband but I was totally asleep.

7. Your favorite drink:
Sweetened Tea

8. Your dream/goal:
To be happy, successful, fulfilled and student loan debt free

9. What room are you in:
Kitchen

9. What are your hobbies:
Cooking, traveling, decorating and blogging

10. What is your fear:
Snakes. Alot. Like to the point I probably need therapy.

11. Where do you want to be in 6 years: I want to be happily married (still) with 2-3 kids that are happy and healthy in a comfortable and fun home. I want to enjoy my work (whatever it turns out to be) and be student loan debt free.

12. Where were you last night: I ate dinner with my husband, went to the gym and came back to watch 30 Rock.

13. Something you are not: Sympathetic. I'm really not. It's a curse.

14. Muffins:
Rarely but Cranberry Orange.

15. Wish list items:
Tiffany Celebration Rings

16. Where did you grow up:
South Carolina

17. Last thing you did: Went to Starbucks to get a Gingerbread Latte. It's Christmas in a Cup!

18. What are you wearing: Gym Shorts and a Tee Shirt

20. Your pets: Jack my cocker spaniel, Griffin my ill tempered and arrogant back cat

21. Your friends:
Diverse. I have my old friends that I grew up with who are amazing, grounded Godly people who I cherish deeply. My friends from college are my yuppie shopaholic fun girlfriends. My coworker friends are the people that truly identify with where I am right now. We are each tremendously different with very different upbringings and pasts. Since we are all in our late 20s and early 30s we know who we are and accept that we are all different people with different interests but knowing those differences and embracing what is unique in each one of us has made for incredible friendships.

22. Your life:
I'm unbelievably blessed.

23. Your mood:
Motivated. I think I am working towards so many goals right now (the house, getting out of debt, losing 20 lbs, etc) that I am in a place where I am making conscious decisions to get to me to where I want to be.

24. Missing someone:
Friends that I don't see enough

25. Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat Sedan

26. Something you’re not wearing:
Shoes

27. Your favorite store:
J.Crew, Williams Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Sephora, Anthropologie, Kate Spade, Barnes & Noble

28. Your favorite color: I go through phases but green is a constant favorite color of mine. Right now I love gray, yellow and purple as well.

29. When’s the last time you laughed: Today I laughed really hard at work quite a few times but especially when one of our paralegals asked if you had to go to law school to be a public defender (after she left the room of course)

30. When’s the last time you cried:
Last week listening to a new Pearl Jam song. Don't judge me I had my period.

31. Your best friend:My husband

32. One place you go over and over: My office

33. One person who emails me regularly: My friend Sam

34. Favorite place to eat: I love some of our local restaurants including a greek restaurant and our local sushi restaurant.

Thanks to Chasing Davies for nominating me!

I would like to pass the award along to these 6 blogs:

1. Pink To Green
2. La Belle Vie
3. Good Girl Gone Glad
4. Fabulous K
5. La Jeune Marie
6. Small and Chic in C-Ville