Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Decor Revealed


The majority of my Christmas decorating is complete. Here's a look.

The Wreath. My sister and I made this wreath. Well I designed it and she actually made it. I mixed lots of old ornaments and came up with this combo of matte gold, silver, purple, green, brown and white. The wreath turned out so gorgeous that I decided to change my original silver and white color scheme to match the wreath.

The Centerpieces. I filled a white platter with snow filler and then topped it with a candle and extra ornaments. Then I filled my mercury glass hurricane with extra ornaments. For my kitchen I filled a glass canister with cookie cutters and white ornaments. I paired the canister with an oversized mercury glass ornament and small Kate Spade votive.

Wall Hanging. I spray painted this old frame white. I removed the inside of the frame. I then tied small ornaments creating this little swag and hung it inside the frame. So cute!


The Tree. This is still a work in progress because my mom is making my tree skirt. I used clusters of ornaments to decorate the tree and then supplemented with my favorite mercury glass ornaments.