Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cinnamon Chocolate Chips


Cookies are one of my favorite foods. Honestly they are. I love basic chocolate chip cookies. This was the first thing I could bake myself and I always used the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House bag. Let's face it that's a good recipe so this is my doctored up version of that recipe. Perfect for the holidays.

Jessica's Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approximately 2 1/2 - 3 dozen cookies

2 Sticks Butter
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom
1 Bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat to 325

Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars, vanilla and eggs and combine until blended. Sift together all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooling racks.

Notes: Any extra dough can be frozen and thawed later. They taste the same as the day they are made. I also find these are great gifts for people. I stacked several in a treat bag last year and gave them as gifts.

Pic courtesy of Babble.com. I forgot to take pictures before we ate them. oops!