Wednesday, November 18, 2009

L&L Christmas Planner

Although Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday I am geared up for Christmas. I have about 65% of my shopping done too so I am hoping for a stress free holiday season.

As for the decorations I always pick a color theme and I build upon that. This year I chose all white with some touches of silver and mercury glass.

Here is some of my inspiration..

I love this idea from Country Living


This is my inspiration for the tree except mine isn't flocked (Darn!)


I pulled this off of flickr


These aren't my colors but I love the idea of decorating every room in the house

I also want to include flowers mainly hydrangeas and roses

As for the craft projects I plan to undertake...

I am going to make a bulletin board to display our holiday cards. This one is from House and Home.

I love this idea with the wreath and ribbon. I already spray painted my frame white. Just waiting on the perfect tiny wreath.

This is a big one. My sister makes these adorable Christmas wreaths out of ornaments and I am going to antique silver ornaments and have her make me a wreath out of this. Mainly this is due to a gorgeous mercury glass wreath I found last year that was incredibly expensive. Martha Stewart has a tutorial for antiquing ornaments so I am going to give that a try.

Finally, I want to make this garland. I found the idea at Hooray Design Blog (adorable blog btw). You use lights with little round bulbs and gather them together with twist ties and then attach them to your garland to make them look like berries. The tutorial is here.


So those are my plans, lofty but my plans nonetheless. Here is some additional inspiration I found this year. I love these ideas.


Photos from Country Living, Martha Stewart, Hooray Design Blog, Flickr (sorry I don't remember the user name), and many others.