Friday, November 27, 2009

More Christmas Ideas


A good friend of mine, Hope, asked for some more Christmas decorating ideas. Since she is one of my dearest friends I am happy to oblige. Here are some of my ideas that have inspired me this year...

Unique Color Schemes. I love the pink!



1. Hang clusters of ornaments on your tree. Gather groups of glass ornaments and finish off with ribbon.
2. Small tree as a centerpiece.
3. Decorate with extra ornaments.
4. Hang wreaths in the house.
5. Decorate with flowers besides the typical Christmas flowers.
6. Decorate unexpected areas of the house.
7. Use lanterns.

Hope asked for specific help with centerpieces. I searched and searched and these are my favorite ideas.

1. Beautiful grouping of candleholders with snow, mini ornaments, etc.
2. Branches decorated with ornaments
3. Grouping of silver candlesticks
4. Cake Stand filled with antique ornaments.
5. Christmas Carnation Ball. A cluster of these on a platter would be beautiful or just one on a buffet.

Gifts displayed in unique ways. Most of slave over gift wrapping so why shouldn't these be part of our decorations.

Think outside of the Christmas Tree Box. I love this cluster of silver trees or try a tabletop tree!

Pics from Country Living, Making It Lovely, Southern Living, Martha Stewart, Pottery Barn, Domino