Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Looking Forward To It



I was flipping through Country Living (like the new size, wish they chose another font though) and I saw that there are three new cookbooks that I simply must have...


First up, is Ina Garten aka Barefoot Contessa's How Easy Is That? I love her. Many of you might remember my telling the story of how I got so excited when I saw her husband in Laguardia. I almost ran up to him just to have him tell his wife that a crazy girl with a southern accent loves her. Comes out in October.




Second is Sarabeth's Bakery. I love Sarabeth's in NYC and this is supposed to contain many of her excellent pastry recipes. Comes out in mid-October.


Third is one called Harvest to Heat which features the recipes of some famous chefs with a focus on using local ingredients and artisans. I think this is an excellent way to put emphasis on eating locally and paying attention to where your food comes from and how much energy is expended to get the food from the source to your table. This one is already out.


Can't wait to pick them all up!