Monday, February 22, 2010

What I'm Reading

I picked up Water for Elephants this weekend at Target and I am excited to start reading. First, I finished up Staying True by Jenny Sanford.


Some of you may have no idea who Jenny Sanford is but she is the soon to be ex-wife of SC Governor Mark Sanford, whose affair and disappearance from the state for several days caused quite the stir a few months ago. I read this book out of blatant and morbid curiosity and although I strive to avoid any political talk on my blog I will say that I am not a Mark Sanford fan period and I never was one and I never voted for the man. That being said the book was a quick read and really just chronicles their marriage, political life and the affair that ended their marriage. I do admire Jenny Sanford's faith and dedication to her children throughout what was a horrible end to her marriage.

In case you have no idea what I am talking about here is none other than a fellow South Carolinian Steve Colbert to explain the events that brought down Governor Mark Sanford...

Gotta love The Colbert Report.