Friday, February 5, 2010

Featured Blogger: Penelope Loves Lists


This week's featured blogger is none other than Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists. Meredith very sweetly agreed to be my guinea pig on this project and I am super excited.

If you never visited Penelope Loves Lists, this blog all about organizing.... everything. It's not just pretty pictures but really useful advice, tips and discussions about organizing everything in your life. The actual blog even looks organized! If you have never stopped by, be sure to pop on over.

Thanks Meredith for all of the inspiration you give me and the rest of your readers!

MEREDITH, PENELOPE LOVES LISTS

1. My Favorite Place On Earth
The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. I went there a couple of years ago and felt like I'd finally come home. I wanted to cry when we had to leave. I think they pump some happy air into the filtration system. They have a whole room devoted to cookies and yummy baked goods, all free for guests. No joke. You just go in and load up a bag with all your goodies. That and the wonderful spa, and the restaurant and the ocean... it's Disneyland for adults.

2. I Am Inspired By…
people who find their true passion and work hard to live it.

3. I Describe My Style As…
comfortable elegance. Both in my home and my clothing, I place equal importance on looking good and being comfortable. I love the look of a 4-inch heel, but I'll wear a gorgeous ballet flat.

4. My Favorite Accessory
my diamond earrings from my husband. Just can't go wrong with those.

5. To Relax I…
spend time with my family (I know, yawn - but true, they're a great group) and knit. During football season, you'll find me watching my beloved Indianapolis Colts every Sunday, decked out in full Colts regalia.

6. I Am Most Proud Of…
having the courage to leave a bad marriage and find the right man for me.

7. I Cannot Live Without…
my husband. He's so funny and real that he keeps me laughing and pulls me back when I've gone off the deep end.

8. My Top Design Tip
Don't keep everything. Less is definitely more, especially in small spaces. Only keep the things you use or you love. Everything else goes.

9. I Want…
to find balance between my family, my day job and working on my blog. Another few hours in each day would be fantastic!

10. I Love to Shop at...
The Gap and J. Crew for clothing. For home stuff, I love Pottery Barn, but I usually use that as inspiration and instead buy at IKEA and Target. I'm also buying much more on Etsy these days.

11. I Don’t Leave the House Without…
My red purse, my iPhone and my Boston Terrier, Cooper.

12. I Love to Wear…
Gap or J. Crew T-shirts, a pair of Joe's Jeans, ballet flats, diamond stud earrings. In winter, you'll almost always see me in a cashmere pashmina. So soft and warm and wearable in every situation.

13. I Love to Read…
mystery novels. My newest favorite author is Louise Penny. She's written a new style of English Village Mystery. Great plots, great characters, fantastic prose, lots of drinking of tea.

14. My Guilty Pleasure…
oh, this is embarrassing, but I really, really love a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

15. I Envy…
people who love to work out. Also people who can sing. And if they can do both at the same time, forget it!

16. I Have Never …
gotten a traffic ticket of any kind. I've been pulled over 13 times in my adult life (most of those when I was much younger and dumber!) and just never got a ticket. I don't try to talk my way out or cry, I just admit I was wrong and wait for the punishment. I must have just run into nice policemen so far.

17. My Crush…
Peyton Manning. Gotta love a guy with a rocket arm.

18. Favorite TV character...
Monica from "Friends". She's such a Penelope!

19. Signature Colors
navy blue and gray

20. At the end of the day, I am…
tired...and blessed.