Monday, February 1, 2010

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours


I have a confession. I have read none of the books on my winter reading list. I am in a reading rut. I have found that when I get like this I can regain my reading enthusiasm by re-reading a favorite book. Also, I need to get some new material because nothing I have on my reading list is making me excited. So here's the deal,

I will show you my bookshelf if you show me yours...

These are my top 5 Favorite Books


You all know this, The Lovely Bones

Jane Eyre. How high school literature class is this? I still have an old tattered copy my mom read in high school. I love this book so much I swore for years I would name my first child Adele.

Notes On A Scandal by Zoe Heller. This movie was later made into a movie that was excellent as well. It's so torrid. I just love it.

To Kill A Mockingbird. Need I say more?

Bitter Is The New Black by Jen Lancaster. I think books can signify a period of time in our lives. This book was recommended to me by my sister while I was taking the Bar Exam. If you've never taken a bar exam, the horror that is the Bar Exam is hard to comprehend. The SC Bar Exam is 3 days long and covers a huge breadth of material. Bar applicants spend three months studying for the test and in the last few weeks you study every waking moment. While I was enduring that hell I bought this book and I would stop studying every night and read for a half hour or so. I laughed out loud the entire time I read this book. It was definitely a time in my life that I needed to laugh. This book is hilarious, irreverent and will make you smile on every page.


Who what is yours? Come on I need new material. Pretty Please