Friday, October 15, 2010

Mad Mad World...

I apologize up front to those of you that don't watch Mad Men and I promise this is (or might be) the last Mad Men post this year. The last episode is Sunday and I already in mourning so humor me with a review of...

MAD MEN STYLE.

The clothes this season were amazing just like every single episode that aired. I loved watching how fashion changed for some characters and not for others. Also, I appreciated how fashion often defined a character or their actions.


Let's start first with the ladies. Weren't they fabulous this season?

First with Mrs. Joan Holloway Harris...

via we heart it.





Can't forget the littlest fashionista. The adorable Sally Draper.


Many of us have discussed my love of Faye. She was a new character this season and after a few episodes became my favorite character. I loved how different she was than a lot of the other female characters. She had chosen not to have children and to pursue her career, which was controversial at the time. She was smart, tough and still incredibly glamorous. My favorite dress was her black dress from the Christmas party...








Also for honorable mention, I loved Allison's dress at the Christmas Party.


Now onto the guys, the fashion for the guys wasn't as fabulous as the ladies but Don Draper would look good in anything...




Also, this is Stan. He's a jerk but I liked how his fashion symbolized how different he was from the older men in the office.


So that's it. I loved this season. Each episode got better and better. Don't you think?

Also, a shout out to my resources for this post...

Check out Unlikely Words for the awesome artwork
AND
Tom and Lorenzo for many of the photos (thanks Christine for turning me onto this site!)