Monday, October 11, 2010

The iPad



Some of you have asked me for an iPad review. I bought my iPad a few weeks ago. I really wanted it as an e-reader and a way to get on the internet. I was hopeful I could blog from it and while I can check and comment on blogs, I haven't figured out how to blog from my iPad.


Anyway, overall I love it. Actually that's an understatement. Did any of you see the Modern Family where Phil got an iPad and he cradled it? I'm like one step down from that. I love love love it. I play with it constantly. I watch downloaded television shows on it constantly (lots of Mad Men).


I haven't downloaded that many apps but I do love how easy it is to add apps directly from the iPad. I do love Moodboard where you can create moodboard using pics from your favorite sites.




I also have my eye on Brushes but I haven't downloaded it yet. I am also storing my recipes in my iPad and that's awesome too. Most apps are not free but they are priced pretty low.


Now for your burning questions on the e-reader. I had a nasty experience with B&N's Nook. I have friends that love it but I bought and returned it in 5 hours. As for the iPad iBooks app, I am very pleased. They have loads of books. All priced much cheaper than buying the actual book. I will admit I do miss the act of going to the bookstore and buying a stack of books and I miss the feel of a book in my hand. Besides that I love being able to download a book wherever I am. You can also sample books which I LOVE.


Overall I give the iPad an A++++ including the eReader. I will disclaim that I am totally a Mac person. Outside of work I am total Mac girl. If anyone has any questions let me know and I will tell you my experience with the iPad.