Monday, October 4, 2010

The Blog Crawl- Jessica's World



Beth over at Hello, Splendor asked me to be part of her blog crawl. I of course quickly agreed.


Here is the task we were given...
"My Life is An Open Book"
Come up with...
The Author, The Setting, The Characters, The Plot and The Twist.


My regular life is far too boring to write about so I decided to take another route. I was inspired by this clip from Horton Hears a Who...




Someone told me this reminded them of me. I don't think that's a compliment but what the heck let's embrace the narcissism.




So today our story takes place in Jessica's Kingdom...


I am Queen Jessica. A noble, kind and well dressed queen. I run a tight but happy ship here. The best way to describe Queen Jessica is through the quote by Karen Walker...


"I'm fabulous. I am a great dresser. I have buckets of money. I am a hoot and a half and I have a great rack."
(I said it's a fairy tale, right?)


Anyway, so let me tell you about Jessica's Kingdom...


The Setting.


My castle. Flowers bloom year round. It's awesome.




Decked out by Jonathan Adler.




The Characters.
I have carefully chosen those that will work and live in Jessica's Kingdom.


Chris is there of course. Not entirely unlike this.




Joan Holloway Harris is my chief of staff because this place runs like a well oiled machine. :) She even has her own barbie doll.




Don Draper is in charge of PR. We are a no nonsense creative kingdom and we push the envelope. We also drink at 10 AM. It's how we roll.




Ina Garten is my personal chef. Don't worry. Our scientists have figured out how to remove the calories from all food so there's lots of butter. Lots and lots of butter.




The Glee Cast. They perform daily. Except Schuster's ex-wife. We banished her.


Jenna Lyons (creative director of J.Crew). We are best friends and she picks out my clothes.


My blogger friends of course can live in my kingdom.




Now like any good kingdom we have rules and they are as follows:


1. No one is allowed to speak the name of the Kardashians, Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan. EVER.
2. You must receive pre-approval before being allowed to wear open toed shoes.
3. Hummers are outlawed. We are an environmentally friendly kingdom.
4. Everyone is required to recycle.
5. All citizens are prepared to break into random song and dance at any moment. If you have coordinating outfits, you get a tax credit.


6. Anyone who is currently on the Disney channel is not allowed on the cover of InStyle Magazine
7. White Plastic Sunglasses are to be recycled immediately.
8. We are Macs. Not PCs.
9. Everyone gets a clothing allowance monthly.
10. Long lunches are a must.
11. Sushi and chocolate chip cookie breaks everyday at 2 PM.
12. Starbucks is free.


Now...
Beth said there is supposed to be a plot and twist but it's my kingdom so everything is wonderful. There are no oil spills, no horrible political analysts, J.Crew clothes are never backordered and everything in Kate Spade is on sale.




Hope you enjoyed this ridiculous look into what my fairy tale would be like!


Special Thanks to Beth for letting me be part of her Blog Crawl. Check out yesterday's poster... So About What I Said and tomorrow be sure to check out BluLabel Bungalow for another fabulous post!