Friday, October 23, 2009

Peonies and Peppermint: My Autumn Sunday Lunch


I saw a bread pudding recipe last week on Barefoot Contessa so I couldn't wait to make it.


I (of course) made a few substitutions. I left out the almond extract although I would definitely add it next time and I used a white bread instead of panettone. It was delicious. I also added Creme Anglaise. I have to say that without the Creme Anglaise there really would have been no sweetness to the dessert so I recommend that addition. It was delicious.

I also experimented with my first butternut squash. Here she is (probably should be a he given the phallic symbol it is) ....

I made Kerchief Pasta with Butternut Squash and it was amazing. I forgot to take a picture but below is William Sonoma's picture. It was delicious and easy and I highly recommend it. My husband was very apprehensive and he loved it. I will make this one again and again. One note is that I did substitute dried tarragon for the sage. I love tarragon and it seemed like a perfect dish for it.

Links to all recipes are in pink. Sorry I have no original recipes to share with you but these were so delicious I didn't need to be original. Happy Weekend!