Monday, October 26, 2009

Christmas Craftiness: Monogram Magnets


I have gotten a big jump start on Christmas this year and I have even finished making monogrammed magnets for some women in my family. I found the idea on Martha Stewart and I embellished it a bit.


You start with flattened glass marbles, like the ones used in vases or candleholders. I purchased the larger ones so an initial would show through. I cut out pieces of decorative paper in the size of the magnets and using decoupage glue attached the paper to the marble so the decorative paper was visible through the marble. I then attached high powered adhesive magnets to the back of the marbles. I then added an initial by attaching it to the front of the marble and voila!

They turned out really cute. I then packaged them using small treat bags, gift labels and ribbon. Now I am all ready for Christmas (well not entirely but these are ready for Christmas at least).

The best part was the price tag...

Treat Bags (set of 50): $2.99
Ribbon: $2.99
Gift Tags from Tiny Prints: $7 for 25
Marbles: $5.99 for 15
Decorative Paper: $1 per sheet
Decoupage Glue: $3.99
Magnets: $1.45 for 8